An in-depth look into the Media & Entertainment industry in the MEA region
Middle East Media & Entertainment Market Revenues, $Billion (2019 – 2025F)
Middle East media and entertainment industry has undergone dynamic changes in the last couple of years. One of the biggest milestones was the opening of the Saudi Arabia cinema market. With the growing demand for leisure and entertainment across the region, the media and entertainment industry in the nation is likely to record considerable growth over the coming years.
Africa Media & Entertainment Market Revenues, $Billion (2019 – 2025F)
Africa media and entertainment industry is majorly driven by Nigeria and South Africa. With growing demand for digitalization across the Africa region, consumers are expected to seek higher number of media and entertainment solutions, which would emerge as a key driver for the growth of the Africa media and entertainment industry.
Saudi Arabia Entertainment Share, By Spending Types (2013 – 2030)
General Authority for Entertainment (Saudi Arabia) recently signed several key contracts with United States entertainment companies including AMC theatres for cinemas, in addition to Six Flags, National Geographic, Cirque du Soleil and IMG Artists, to operate amusement parks and live shows across many new projects.
Saudi Arabia is likely to invest more than 60 billion across entertainment industry. The move is part of Saudi Arabia's plan to diversify its economy and reduce its reliance on the oil industry, which was hit hard by the falling oil prices.
- AL HABTOOR CITY ($3 BILLION) - Three luxury hotels and residential towers
- ALADDIN CITY ($15 BILLION) - Three towers comprising of hotels & other commercial spaces
- BLUEWATERS ISLAND ($1.6 BILLION) - Residential, hospitality, and entertainment zones
- DEIRA ISLANDS ($2 BILLION) - Serviced apartments and luxury hotels
- JEWEL OF THE CREEK ($816 MILLION) - Buildings, commercial complexes, hotels, recreation & convention centers
- MUSEUM OF THE FUTURE ($200 MILLION) - Museum comprising of visionary cultural institution
- 5 STARS HOTEL, near Faluja University, Al Anbar
- 6 STARS HOTEL, Airport Road, Baghdad
- ENTERTAINMENT CITY, Baladrose 1/303, Diyala
- GREEN ENTERTAINMENT LAND, Qurna Town, Basrah
- HOTEL AND MALL, Kerbala Abbasiyah, Holy Kerbala
- QAIM ENTERTAINMENT LAND, Qaim Town, Al Anbar
- TOURIST CITY AT MOSUL DAM, 30 km Northern Mosul, Nineveh
Syria GDP Growth Rate (2015 – 2020F)
Over the last year, the Syrian economy has improved significantly as the intensity of conflict has eased. After five years of continuous contraction, the economy resumed expansion in 2017 While the stable exchange rate and monetary conditions have stabilized economic conditions, increasing reconstruction activities are expected to contribute substantially to this recovery as well.
- Middle East Media and Entertainment Industry (pdf, 355 KB)
Market Insights & Reports by 6Wresearch | Official Knowledge Partner
6Wresearch is the premier, one stop market intelligence and advisory center, known for its best in class business research and consulting activity, focusing on developed and emerging markets through in-house databases and vast intelligence resources spread across various geographies. 6Wresearch has executed more than 2,000 custom research projects and advised over 200 clients in more than 50 geographies. The consultant provides research and analytics in the major European and Asia Pacific languages including: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.